Work doesn't need to be hard work. It can be playful. We can actually fun and still make a serious point and save time, energy and money.
Here are a few other things to think about.
- When it comes to projects, less is more.
- Automation is everyone’s responsibility.
- Everyone can and should be responsible for application support.
- Better planning and communication through shorter meetings.
- Don’t overcomplicate processes.
- Don’t use jargon.
- Avoid unnecessary frameworks.
- Use inclusive language and avoid acronyms.
- When do you buy your way out of trouble?
- Should you ever outsource project management?
- Diagramming and visualisation.
Last week I launched my new free email course, Know Your Systems. As part of it you'll learn what systems are important to you and which are missing.
I also recently posted about the complexity of systems in professional associations. Those organisations that deal with the administration of professional qualifications and memberships. These bodies can have very similar systems setups but always come with a unique set of challenges. How do the systems change with organisation?
By defining what you already have, you get to decide where you want to go. Are you happier drawing pictures? How can you make pictures simplify your understanding of a complex situation?
Let me know your systems challenges and what tools you use to solve them. Hit me and reply!
Have a great weekend!